The main tasks of the Operations Manager are:
- providing support to the CFE board in terms of administrative and financial reporting
- managing the administration of CFE
- organizing and coordinating CFE projects and programs
- follow-up on EU health policy, research and actions in the field of CF
- managing contacts with the media
- coordinating the building of a new website and maintain and update its contents
- managing and coordinating the CFE participation in EU supported projects
Who are we ?
Cystic Fibrosis Europe (CFE) is the European federation of national Cystic Fibrosis Associations.
Cystic Fibrosis (CF or Mukoviszcidose) is the most frequent life threatening hereditary disease in Europe. As a patients’ organization, CFE represents people suffering from CF and their families. Currently 38 national CF Associations are member of CFE. CFE works closely together with various national, European and worldwide organisations, groups and institutions of similar aims and objectives. CF Europe forms a network for European collaboration and action, striving for better and longer lives for all CF patients in Europe. The priority is on better and more accessible care.
To find out more about CFE please look at www.cfeurope.org.
What do we offer?
We offer a challenging full time job in an international and dynamic environment. We have excellent relations with medical and non-medical organisations and you will find that the CF community can best be described as a big family. We are an equal opportunity employer and are flexible in terms of working hours. Most of all we offer you the chance to make a difference.
Your base will be in Brussels or Bonn.
What do we expect from you?
- minimum education Bachelor degree (BSc or BA / BAC +3 / Fachhochschule) or equivalent level based on demonstrable working experience
- good command of the English language in speaking and writing
- skilled in the use of Microsoft Office
- basic knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- self driven and stress resistant
- excellent communication skills
- willing to travel several times a year
- a healthy dose of idealism
- wanting to make a difference
- Demonstrable (voluntary) experience or affinity with patient organisations is considered a pro.
Please mail your application and CV to: karleen(at)muco.be before 15-02-2011.